RULES AND REGULATIONS:
Click here for full TIMA Rules & Regulations, see below to apply.
Applying for the Toronto Independent Music Awards is easy! Follow these steps:
A. MAKE SURE YOU ARE AN INDEPENDENT MUSICIAN, THEN EMAIL US YOUR ORIGINAL SONGS:
- Independent means you have no affiliation to a multinational (major) label, with the exception of a distribution deal.
- The Toronto Independent Music Awards genre categories are open to independent bands across Ontario. We also have “Best Out-of-Province”, “Best USA”, and “Best International” categories.
- One (1) application permits you to enter two (2) original songs. If you are submitting one (1) application, email two (2) original songs with your name, artist name, contact phone number, and artist website URL to: submit @ torontoima.com.
- If you are submitting more than one (1) application, email the corresponding number of original songs to submit @ torontoima.com
*Please note: we will automatically consider your songs for all eligible music categories. For a list of categories considered, click here. TIMA reserves the right to add or remove genre categories.
B. PAY THE APPLICATION FEE:
- Use the Paypal button below to pay for your Toronto Independent Music Awards 2017 application. The application fee is $25.00 CND per two (2) songs.
C. TO APPLY FOR THE “BEST MUSIC VIDEO” CATEGORY:
- You must be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Residents to apply.
- Your music video must have been released between January 1, 2016 and July 31, 2017.
- Email us your music video URL(s) (we will accept stream links only such as Youtube, Vimeo, or a website link. No download links.) with your name and contact phone number to: submit @ torontoima.com.
- Use the Paypal button below to pay for your Toronto Independent Music Awards 2o17 “Best Music Video” application. The application fee is $10.00 CND for one application (one video). You may submit up to 3 applications (3 videos) only.
We will contact you by phone and email if you are nominated. For a list of prizes, click here.